Getting To Know the Work of a Travel Agent October 29, 2008
For people who are fond of traveling to different places, visiting marvelous beaches, and taking a trip to the most exotic island paradise, the job of a travel agent seems to be a far better job than anything else.
However, some people contend that the viability of a travel agent being a lucrative work has lessened due to the emergence of the Internet.
Nowadays, people can easily plan their vacation trips, acquire their tickets, and make their own plans and reservation through the Internet.
That is why some financial analysts have concluded that as the need for travel agents fall off, their wages deteriorates as well, considering the fact that it is already low. The median yearly salary of travel agents amount to $26,630, that was in 2002.
The top 10% of the travel agents in the US were reported to have a salary of $41,660 or more. While the remaining half of the travel agents is currently earning between $20,800 and $33,580. All of these were bases on the U.S. Department Labor reports.
The bottom line is that travel agents are really not earning much. The only benefits they get are the discounts and special privileges on travel. Funny thing is, with their present salaries, travel agents may not even use these benefits because they cannot even afford to travel.
However, there are still those who want to become a travel agent in spite of everything. So, for those who really insist on becoming a travel agent, here’s how to do it.
1. A second language is a must for those who want to become a travel agent. Travel agents deal with different nationalities and a second language may just be handy in the future.
2. It is a must for every would-be travel agent to undergo 6-12 week training on how to become a travel agent. This includes all the basics of the job.
3. Computer literacy is also important because all of the transaction, invoices, and reports are done through computer utilization.
4. Knowledge on up-to-date information about the trends in the business. Also, it is a must for every travel agent to know the best places to go.
5. It would be better for those who want to become a travel agent to have their certification as a Certified Travel Counselor. This is an added value to their work.
Becoming a travel agent is entirely dependent on the person’s interest. So, whether the salary is low or high, as long as the person is happy with the job, then, there wouldn’t be any qualms for it.
Bali Island October 23, 2008
some people more knew Bali than Indonesia. It shows that Bali has very beautiful place. You can see from these photos
you can get more information about Bali from www.tourdebali.com
Choosing the Best Travel Accommodation October 22, 2008
There are many things to consider when choosing your travel accommodations. The decision could make your trip fun or a disappointment. Choosing the right hotel is a must. Most travelers spend more time in airline ticket reservations and bargains but less time in choosing the right accommodations. Thus they may end up on the wrong side of the bed during their stay.
To get the most out of your hotel accommodations, remember to book as early as possible and make your dates more flexible. Hotels that specialize business people will consider weekends as off season. Family vacationers could tap into these special packages during weekends. Primarily, you should choose your hotel based on name, amenities, features, price, packages and location.
Here are some considerations in choosing your best travel accommodations:
1. Accommodations should be family-friendly. Always ask if your hotel offers children activity areas with educational and fun activities supervised by duly-trained care-givers.
2. Your hotel should provide a swimming pool for children, daycare service, crib rental and child-proof electrical outlets.
3. Stay in a hotel that has electronic room-key cards and has a security viewer installed on their doors.
4. Make it a priority to choose a room on the upper floor.
5. If you’re the one who likes to spend more time in your hotel room and the balcony, you should ask for the available amenities and the conditions of the surrounding environment.
6. Depending on whether you’re on a private or business trip, ask your hotel about the availability of laundry service, hair dryers, coffee makers, newspapers, free meals, fax machine, bar, cable television, parking, shuttle service, internet connection, etc.
7. The hotel property layout and its location may speak more of its surrounding environment. Noisy locations such as construction on adjacent property, car traffic and noisy waterfalls are not specified on hotel flyers. So be sure to ask about it.
8. Beautifully landscaped surroundings with trees, flowers and inner courts also enhance your travel pleasure. Moreover, gift shops and restaurants all add up to a wonderful travel experience.
9. The location of your hotel with respect to main attraction is equally important. It could save you money on taxi and bus fare.
10. Make sure that the room service is provided 24 hours a day.
11. Check out the room itself. Is it brightly colored or classical? It sets the mood of your travel.
In order to get the most out of your travel, whether for business or family vacations, be sure to know everything about the hotel you are planning to check in to. Ask friends and relatives who have been there. Don’t just depend on the hotel’s webpage which is undoubtedly biased. Having to stay in a hotel which you don’t like could ruin your trip.
PULAU BANYAK, ACEH October 19, 2008
Its very beautiful place. we can see some islands …
Do you want to go there? please contact us.
Buy tickets 3-5 months before your departure date
Some airlines offer discounts for early buyers. It’s also best to buy your tickets at least 20 days in advance to ensure the best seating possible, most discounted tickets sell out fast. You should also know that Airline Tickets are subject to price increase, especially during Christmas season, buying early avoids further ticket increase.
Never fly on weekends
If you’re planning a trip, plan to leave on weekdays, preferable Monday to Wednesday. Weekends are high traffic times, for travelers and would probably cost you an additional $25-$40 increase.
Don’t travel During Peak season
Airlines tend to increase ticket prices during Peak travel season due to the increase in demand. Traveling during low season is also advantageous if you want to avoid airport and tourist spot crowds. If you really have to travel during peak season, consider leaving home early and going home late to avoid the rush.
How long to Stay
Yes your travel stay also affects airline ticket prices. Airlines give discounts if you stay at least a week at your destination and return within 90 days.
Consider a Connecting Flight
Contrary to popular belief, direct flights aren’t always the cheapest. Some people have saved up to $1000 dollars on booking connecting instead of Direct flights. If you don’t have a lot of luggage, and aren’t very particular with time, it is best, and a lot cheaper to book a connecting flight instead of direct.
Use the senior citizen discount
Some Airlines offer the same senior Citizen discount for the companions of the Senior Citizen. Ask if it’s available.
The Early Bird gets the Airline Ticket
Call Airlines at 12:01 am on Wednesday mornings. This is when airlines release all the new fares and seat plans. You can be first and choose the best and cheapest tickets at this time.
Shop in the Internet
The best feature of the internet is that you see all available Prices at a very convenient place, your home. You won’t have to canvass travel agencies. Some internet sites even offer internet only discounts that you can benefit from if you avail of their services.
When you do shop on the internet
Check first with travel agents regarding prices, Internet prices aren’t always cheap, it’s best to ask a good old travel agent. It won’t hurt to look at news papers too, as some airlines publish discounts on print. If you’re planning to buy more than 6 months in advance, it’s probably best to ask a travel guide as internet sites don’t usually have schedules for longer than six months.